Our Owner Services
Managing your own property can present many challenges. Depending on the value of your time, it may or may not be cost effective. With any industry there are questions. Real Estate is no different. Having the answers to your questions is invaluable.
We are a full-scale, licensed Real Estate Brokerage in the State of Hawaii with a concentration on Property Management. As members of the National Association of Realtors and the Honolulu Board of Realtors, we adhere to a strict code of ethics.
Our Plan of Action:
- Determine the market rental rate for property.
- Arrange for rental advertisements in daily newspapers and Rentals Illustrated at cost price.
- Free listing of rental property in the Department of Defense Community Housing Referral website and the very popular Craigslist (online classifieds) website.
- Three Property Managers to show your rental property to prospective Tenants seven days per week; during business hours, after business hours, weekends, and most holidays.
- Obtain detailed rental application from prospective tenants.
- Obtain credit report on prospective tenants at no charge to Owner.
- Check with current and/or previous landlords.
- Check with current employer.
- Draft and sign the rental agreement and collect the security deposit from Tenant. Owner is given a copy of the signed rental agreement.
- Walk-through inspection of property before and after occupancy. Owner is given a copy of the initial Inventory and Condition form.
- Arrange for repairs and maintenance of property from our list of reliable handymen, plumbers, electricians, professional cleaners, yardmen, and carpet and flooring installers.
- Collect rent from Tenant.
- Mail late rent notices to late paying Tenants, charge and collect late fees, and follow up with collection.
- Evict non-paying Tenants with no attorney or collection agency fees. Property Manager appears in district court for Owner to evict Tenants, file Judgment for Damages, and if possible, garnish Tenants wages.
- Prepare monthly rental statement of income and expenses including copies of receipts for paid invoices.
- Make certain disbursements for Owner such as rental ad bills, repair bills, general excise tax, yard service, maintenance fee, utility bills, etc. at no additional cost to Owner.
- Disburse net rent proceeds to Owner by way of check or deposit in Owners bank or credit union.
- Do checkout inspection with vacating Tenants; prepare return of security deposit letter to Tenants with deductions for unpaid rents, late fees, and damages.
- Prepare annual statement of income and expense to help Owners prepare their income tax return.
- Prepare the required IRS Form 1099 and mail copies to the State and the Owner.
Investing in Leading Technology
We have invested in a web-based property management software from AppFolio so our experienced team can manage your properties with the highest level of service. Our software not only provides great benefits to our office but we are also able to share many of these benefits with you:
Respond more quickly and offer excellent service to both owners and residents.
At any time and from anywhere, we are able to securely access data about all properties. Sensitive records are safely stored in a state-of-art data center which is automatically and routinely backed up.
Save time and paper by using email to send monthly owner statements.
The statements are organized in a concise and easy to read format that details the performance of your property for the previous month. We can also post these monthly statements on a secure Owners Portal.
Process and respond to maintenance requests more quickly.
We can quickly resolve issues by accessing vendor information and using electronic work orders for more efficient communication. All records are stored for future access.
Pay you even faster every month.
Deposits can go directly into your bank account using ACH (electronic payments).
Market your properties in more locations across the Internet, filling vacancies much faster.
Our integrated system lets us professionally advertise your properties on our company Web site, Craigslist, and other Internet locations.
Residents can avoid sending rent checks by paying their rent online.
We avoid the time and expense of managing rent checks each month and this is a great value-add service for residents.